Lincoln School celebrates its Centennial year for Reedley. In 1912, it was decided the town needed a school on the East side of Reedley so children did not have to cross the R.R. tracks to get to and from the only school, which is now Washington. In 1913, Eastside School opened. It was a two-story brick building which was torn down in the 1960s, when many buildings were considered unsafe during earthquakes. The schools were then renamed.