The New Reedley Hotel, Now Home to Uncle Harry’s & El Monte
By the 1890s, the little town of Reedley had grown enough that the town site developer hired by the Pacific Land and Improvement Company suggested building a new hotel. This would be the first brick business building on G Street. Constructed by the Betteridge Company of Visalia for the sum of $23,000, the building stood five stories high at the tower, with verandas off each room. It opened for business in 1892 and was an attractive lure for prospective residents.