by Jennifer Smith
Halloween is just around the corner. Of course, this spooky season won’t be as jovial as it should be if you don’t prepare great treats for your family and some random kids who will do some “Trick or Treat.” Well, you don’t have to fret too much about this. After all, preparing for this annual event should not always incur you hassle and expenses, especially when it comes down to food.
Fortunately, there are some delicious and simple recipes that you can create with ease and convenience. If you don’t believe me, then prepare to get surprised. In this article, I have listed some of the best Halloween treats that you should prepare!
Marshmallows have been a constant favorite, regardless of the season. Children would rank marshmallows as one of their favorite snacks. Therefore, it would be too bad if you don’t have them this coming Halloween. The Marshmallow Witches is a modification of this treat. You just only need large marshmallows, some vanilla frosting, and miniature chocolate chips for this recipe. And the great thing about this food is that there no need for you to bake it!
1. Press frosting on the bottom of your chocolate chips and attach it to the marshmallow. Arrange them properly so that they will form a face.
2. For the hair of the witch, you can use food coloring (any color would do) and combine it with water in a small plastic bag. You need to add shredded coconut, too. Mix the bag thoroughly. Place frosting on the side portion of the marshmallow until they form the hair.
3. You can make the hat by spreading some of the frostings on the middle of the chocolate wafers. Next, you need to place peanut butter cups in an upside down position to the frosting. Put the chocolate kisses on the bottom of the peanut butter cup for finishing touch.
Children will certainly shriek out of excitement as you will hand them this unique strawberry-based recipe. Specifically, this fruity dessert is a delicious and healthy way to celebrate this annual festivity. Just get some fresh strawberries, almond extract, baking chocolates, and some small chips, and you can already start making this sumptuous delicacy! Your kids could help in the preparation, too!
1. Clean the strawberries.
2. Put the white chocolate in a bowl and put it on the oven to melt. Stir the mixture thoroughly after melting.
2. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate mixture. After this, put the chocolate chips to the coating so that it would look like an eye. Place the coated strawberries into your refrigerator for five minutes or until they are frozen.
Pumpkins have always symbolized Halloween. Therefore, it would be too awkward if you don’t have them, or at least a semblance of this icon. You can always make Pumpkin-Style Cheeseball during this season. Everyone will certainly be happy if they can have a taste of this creamy delicacy made out from pure cheddar! You will just need a cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, paprika, onion cream cheese to make this recipe. Trust me. You will never regret making this one!
1. Use a small bowl to beat all the cream cheese until they become smooth. After this, add the cheddar cheese, cayenne, and paprika to the mixture. Mix them thoroughly and form a ball out them. Next, wrap them in a plastic wrap and put them in your refrigerator until it will harden.
2. Use a sharp knife to make vertical cuts into the cheeseball until it looks like a pumpkin. Add the celery rib in the middle so that it will appear like a stalk.
Another Halloween treats that you should make is the Jack-O-Lantern pie. It is a great delicacy that would never produce any leftovers. It is not only good for kids but for adults as well, especially if you pour in some spicy seasonings or salsa. To make this recipe, you will need ground beef, chopped onion, flour, sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, frozen corn, egg, and pie pastry. The process is just the same as making other pies. This recipe should not trouble you at all.
Instructions: 1. Using a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion in a medium-heat setting.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the following ingredients: flour, chili sauce, and salsa. Mix them thoroughly and stir them into the skillet afterward. You can add the chilies, brown sugar, and corn after three minutes.
3. Transfer the mixture to a pie plate (it should be around 9-inch deep). Start unrolling the pie pastry and spread it over the filling. Use a sharp knife to carve a Jack-O-Lantern face on the filling. After this, combine the orange food coloring and egg and spread them over the pastry.
4. Bake the pie at 450°F for ten minutes.
Halloween is not complete if you don’t make beef jerky. This particular treat is quite an attraction, especially for children and children-at-heart. Fortunately, there is no need for you to purchase a pack of beef jerky at your local stores so that you can get this food. You can always make beef jerky in the convenience of your kitchen!
1. Acquire a lean round cut of beef and slice it into strips.
2. Mix the following ingredients into a bowl: soy sauce (3/4 cup), Worcestershire sauce (3/4 cup), honey (1 tablespoon), black pepper (2 teaspoons), garlic powder (1 teaspoon), and onion powder (1 tablespoon). After mixing, dip the meat strips into the marinade and coat them properly. Store the bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
3. After that, dehydrate them in your oven with a preheated temperature of 170 degrees Fahrenheit for four to six hours until they will become bonafide beef jerky!
Halloween is not just a mere holiday or celebration. It is a good day to share good stories and mingle with your love ones. Of course, any of these leisures won’t happen if you don’t have anything to munch. These particular recipes that I have featured will certainly keep this spooky-yet-beloved season alive and kicking!