When you are unsure of what kind of business signage material or medium would work best for your needs, it is not strange and odd to get the following question: “Which is better, wood, plastic, or metal?” However, the answer to this recurrent question is dependent on your preferences and needs.
There are a lot of factors to consider when selecting or choosing material for your business signage. What’s the purpose of the sign? How much is your budget? Will it be installed outside or inside your business? Questions like these should be, for the most part, answered beforehand.
But over the years, metal signs have become a more prominent option for some business owners because of the many benefits it offers. In this post, we will walk you through the pros and cons of having a metal sign, and why it outshines the competition.
What exactly are the rewards and benefits that you can get of metal signages? Well, here are some of them.
• Look or Aesthetic. The metal itself is, for the most part, an appealing and beautiful material that fits perfectly in industrial and modern spaces. Moreover, because there are plenty of finishes and subtypes available, it is rather easy and straightforward to look for a material of choice that will, more often than not, suit or go well with the existing decoration of any business.
• Flexibility. Although metal signages or rusted metal signage designs are, for the most part, harder and stiffer compared to plastic materials, they do have something to offer. By that we mean, metal signages can usually be flexed as desired.
• Durability. Metal signages are, believe it or not, reasonably durable and typically last at least three years if installed outside, and even longer if it is installed inside the business premises. If you select a specialized kind of metal, the outdoor life span could last up to ten years.
• Variety. There are plenty of subtypes of metal signages. Aluminum, brass, bronze, and stainless steel all fall under the parasol of metal signages. But the most common kind of metal utilized for signage is, for the most part, aluminum.
If there are some advantages to having a metal sign, then, of course, there are also some drawbacks. Here are some of them.
• Cost. The cost of metal signages differs from one signage material to another signage material. However, in most instances, metal tends to be, for the most part, more costly and expensive compared to other options.
• Workability. Because of the strength and weight of the metal, it can be more challenging to work with it compared to other signage materials. Furthermore, more tools are required to trim and snip metal such as brass and stainless steel.
• Rust Potential. Although aluminum is, more often than not, known for its ability to withstand corrosion, the same ability cannot be said for all kinds of metal signages. It can be a problem, especially if you plan to install it outdoors.
• Weight. Some kinds of metal, like brass and stainless steel, are exceptionally dense and heavy. As such, it can make installing and transporting signages more challenging.
Why Choose Metal Signs
There are a lot of reasons why metal outshines other materials. Here are five of them.
• Strong Material. This signage material is praised for its rigidity and strength. Although it can sometimes be thin and lightweight, it is incredibly strong. And the thicker the metal is, the higher the panel strength. If you need a signage material that is unlikely to change, fail, or collapse, one that will not shatter, bow, warp, and split, aluminum is the ideal option.
• Remarkably Affordable. Of course, as we have stated in the cons section, metal can be one of the most expensive signage material there is. But when you compare it to plastics and redwood, metal can be the most affordable option. Why? Well, it is because of its longevity and sturdiness, meaning, the frequency of changing or replacing them is not that high. Thus, metal is an affordable, strong, and durable signage material.
• Professional Finish. Metal finishes usually give a professional, sleek, and classy look. Whether it is mirrored finish, polished finish, or brushed finish, metal signages always stand out!
• Easy to Customize. Metal is easy to customize. Therefore, you can give your sign a bit of personality by adding a dose of creativity. Customization is one of the best features of metal that you can enjoy.
There are a lot of reasons why metal signs outshine other signage materials. The affordability, weather resistance, and strength make it great for you and your business. Also, take note that these metal signs are very appealing to your consumers. So, it is definitely a win-win situation for you. If you want to stand out, choose metal signs.
This is a paid post.